Sunday, May 22, 2005

Paperboys, West End Centre, Aldershot

Went to see the Paperboys at the West End Centre with Bill, Val and Julie. Not many people there, I don't think it justified standing-only tickets. Most people weren't dancing anyway (although I did spot Val giving a little wiggle!) I was sat down as I was feeling a bit faint, having blagged a chair from the roadie.
I liked the Paperboys' crossover styles of Celtic, bluegrass, Cajun, Latin and more, all delivered with bags of energy. The flautist was the outstanding musician of the team, thought the (blonde) violinist was a bit run-of-the-mill, probably just in the band for sex appeal! Front-man and composer Tom signed my Molinos CD, and was happy to chat about his music and the aims of the band. All in all a very good night.

No comments: