Monday, April 11, 2005

H M Bottom Inspectors

On Thursday morning, with great trepidation, I took the really strong laxative I had been prescribed to clear out my system ahead of the colonoscopy on Friday. It was amusing that the stuff was called ‘Fleet’ – had the pharmacologist been to Fleet in Hampshire?
The stuff took effect after an hour and was pretty violent, but not painful. However at the end of the day and after the second dose I was feeling ill and exhausted, having only drunk clear liquid all day.
Thank goodness Bill relented and gave me a lift to the hospital on Friday morning – it might have been very embarrassing on the bus! The operation itself was fine, I was given a sedative and spent the time asleep, not really aware of what was going on. The consultant said they hadn’t found anything serious, but the nurse said I might need a couple more operations – so I don’t really know what they found. I guess I will find out when I see the consultant next.
Went for a drink afterwards at the Plume of Feathers in Crondall. Bill had the Ruddles County, I think, whilst I had diet coke and crisps. Solid food at last!!
Saturday was pretty quiet – spent the day doing housework, watching telly and surfing the net whilst Bill did the next bit of the Greensand Way. On Sunday Bill cooked a marvellous Roast Pork with trimmings – well worth the wait! We took Simon and Jane down to the Sandrock in the evening, where I sampled Enville White and Cheriton Pots, both superb. Other beers on offer included Bathams Bitter, Ringwood 49er, Hopback Summer Lightning. The Sandrock was quite busy for a Sunday evening, it’s nice to see the pub is building up a bit of trade.
Lovely day today. Shame I’ve got to be in work!

No comments: