Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Bellowhead at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden

Hi all
Have decided to keep the blog up, despite some personal problems recently, especially as it annoys a certain ugly slapper!
Went to the Royal Opera House on my own. Bill Badger insisted on giving me a street map despite the fact that I know Covent Garden like the back of my hand (as any serious shopper would)! There was a bit of a scare as a stupid American woman kept asking a young couple when they thought the next terror attack was going to be and shouting "Wake up London". Eventually the man got annoyed and threw her rucksack off the train, forcing her to get off. Then the train was delayed as security people went over to talk to her.
I tried to give my spare ticket to the Box Office but they wouldn't take it, which was rather annoying as the girl sitting next to me had also had to come on her own, as her friend could not get a ticket on the door. What a waste! The girl introduced herself as Asha, and we soon got friendly enough to get a front spot together and swap dance moves! She was a great dancer and a lovely person to talk to, we swapped myspace details and I hope to see her again at a festival somewhere.
Bellowhead were excellent, danced to almost every tune, my favourites being Haul Away Joe and the intriguingly named Rochdale Coconut Dance! The Floral Hall is a beautiful Victorian white-painted iron andglass structure similar to the great greenhouses at Kew. Apparently the acoustics in the Floral Hall weren't that brilliant but from my front spot the band sounded fine.
Kate-from-Choir's husband very kindly gave me a lift home as far as Woking, and I caught a train to Farnborough within 10 minutes.
Good music, good company, fast dancing - just what the doctor ordered!

1 comment:

TCA said...

"...as it annoys a certain ugly slapper!"

Juicy details please!