Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Wedding Plans

I'm very excited today - I've bought a wedding dress! I can tell you I found it at Clifton Brides in Bath, and that it is a very unusual colour, but other than that my lips are sealed!!
I thought I'd discuss the flowers with our local florist today, but she wanted to know the exact colour of the dress, but I haven't got a swatch (that's a bit of the same material, not a kind of watch, for all you males out there). I did request a swatch so that the bridesmaids and pageboys will match (or at least tone well) but I've no idea when it will arrive.
We have already booked the venue (The West Barn, Bradford-on-Avon) and registrars, given our Notice at the Bath Registry Office, booked the Wedding Breakfast at the Swan Hotel in Bradford-on-Avon and the evening boat trip aboard the Barbara McLellen, which is owned by the Kennet and Avon Canal Trust. So the next things to organise will be flowers, photographer and car.
At the moment I'm having a small glass of Malmsey and some Easter egg to celebrate!

5 comments:

Lever said...

Woohoo, congrats Val & Patrick :)

BTW I thought I'd let you know that The Levellers are playing at Arundel Castle in August. I forget the dates and I'm sure you already know but I just wanted to pass that on ;) I may be back with dates, times etc... oh and there's some guy called Seth Lakeman supporting...

TCA said...

The Levellers... memories, memories...

I first saw them in 1989 and bought a demo cassette... might be worth something now maybe?

Maybe see you August... Jimmy's first gig?

W

Lever said...

Ah, I have the link...

Levellers @ Arundel Castle

Friday 22nd August 2008 :)

@tca: how about doing a search on www.recordcollector.co.uk for the demo tape if it's listed?

Camberley Angel said...

You can buy the tickets from http://imlconcerts.co.uk/arundel.htm to avoid the ticketmaster outrageous booking fees. Sue, Amelia and I are going so we might see some of you there.

Valerie Moss said...

We will be at Towersey then, but thanks Lever for getting in touch. Watch out Sue, I've noticed Ugly is planning to be there as well.
The Levellers are beginning to grow on Patrick so perhaps we'll catch their tour a bit closer to home :)