Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Parties Galore

Last week I was rather busy, no time to be playing on the computer. Three Christmas meals in a row!! The first Christmas party was on Tuesday, at the Inn on the Lake in Godalming, with my friends from Fleur de Lys Morris. I thought the food was delicious (I had goat's cheese and onion tart to start, sea bass fillets for main and chocolate pudding with local icecream for dessert). However those that tried the Brussels sprouts complained they were like pebbles! The beer was not bad, the Taylor Landlord and the London Pride were acceptable. Then on Wednesday it was my BRI work doo at the Home Cottage in Redhill. The food wasn't up to it's usual standard as last year's cook was on maternity leave (my steak was over done) but the beer was excellent (they still had some Youngs Double Chocolate Stout) and the pub quiz was good fun (I cheated by phoning a friend!). Lastly was the East and Mid Surrey CAMRA Christmas Meal at the King's Arms, Dorking. Beer was great, as you'd expect, with Whitstable Bay Stout and Scattor Rock Scattor Claus going down a treat with the lads and lasses. I thought the food was very good too - that time I went for Duck Terrine, Roast Beef and chocolate cheesecake for pud.
I could have gone for a fourth meal in a row with my friends from the train at the Pilgrim in Dorking, but by then I was absolutely exhausted!
This week has been relatively tame, with a festive Ploughmans and champers in the work canteen today. It will be Patrick's work doo tomorrow. I think I've actually ordered turkey for that one but I can't remember! Looking forward to the Christmas break, lots of time with Patrick and with my family.
A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL MY READERS!
See you in 2008 x

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Errr, phoned a friend? You had an entire committee of us at the white hart in Bath googling on PDA's!!! And we still didn't get it right ;-)

Camberley Angel said...

Merry Christmas Val have a really good one you deserve it. I hope 2008 is a fanastic year for you with new beginnings and a plenty of happy times.

TCA said...

Happy New Year Val!

Glad you had a good Christmas.