Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Great Welsh Beer and Cider Festival 2007

A rather grand title for a CAMRA festival, but since it was held in City Hall, Cardiff then it had some entitlement to grandeur! Patrick and I left Bath on Saturday morning and arrived at the festival at 10.30am. Things seemed in their normal state of organised anarchy. I introduced Patrick to my old friends, mainly from Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan branches of CAMRA, some of whom hadn't heard the news about my split with Kevin. Then we rolled our sleeves up and got stuck in with work.
At first we helped set out the CAMRA Products, including some interesting t-shirts to do with beards and religion! Then it was over to the main bar, which seemed very busy, with a short interlude on Foreign Beer (more complicated to serve than you might think) and a couple of breaks for food (huge pasties and tasty curry). We had lots more customers during the Rugby (Wales v SA). As the beer range started to dwindle, it being the last day of the festival, the crowds dwindled too. I still had the chance to sample some excellent beers - Wye Valley Santa's Delight being my beer of the festival. We headed off at about 10.30pm back to the hotel for some well earned rest!

4 comments:

TCA said...

More pictures please! (Particularly of beer and curry).

TCA

Valerie Moss said...

Were you the 9000th visitor? If so congratulations! And I don't fiddle my visitor figures, unlike some ;-)
Will upload some more photos soon but I have none of the beer festival, sorry!

Anonymous said...

What beers of note did you try ?

Valerie Moss said...

Can't remember ;-)