Thursday, April 05, 2007

Divorce Songs

Getting ready to go to Fareham and Gosport Folk Festival, which will be better in some ways than previous years - I'm not forced to watch Ugly flirting with my husband as she's got what she wants, but then I have to steel myself against seeing them together as a couple. Hopefully Ugly will have the sense to stay out of my way.
I've heard Ugly's husband might be there as well, it would be nice to see someone who's in the same boat, although he has someone else and is probably further down the road to 'recovery' than me.
Anyway, I digress. Today I've been off sick and feeling sad, so I made a second CD of appropriate divorce songs to cheer myself up.
Some favourites from my divorce CDs:

1. Boo Hewerdine - Evidence
2. Marvin Gaye - Grapevine
3. Carole King - It's Too Late
4. Muse - Plug In Baby
5. McDermott's 2 Hours - The Wheel
6. Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street
7. El Dopa - Slow Boat
8. Nanci Griffiths - Still Got The Radio
9. Beautiful South - Here It Is Again
10. Tears For Fears - Change

The demo for the new McDermott's 2 Hours album, 'Goodbye To The Madhouse', has been strangely useful - it is all about mourning for friends and loved ones who have passed away but is somehow appropriate to the death of a relationship and lifestyle upheavals as well.
Thankyou to all those out there who write sad songs 'where would we be in times like these/without the songs, Loretta wrote'...

1 comment:

TCA said...

Ballboy feat. Laura Cantrell - I Lost You but I Found country Music.

Sorry about everything, come out with us one evening as see if we can have a stab at making you feel a bit better?